Today’s furniture buyers have more choices than ever before. With the click of a mouse or a short drive to their brick-and-mortar store, customers can find furniture to suite any taste. Styles ranging from Country to Mid-Century can be delivered to your door in a matter of days! Here are 5 reasons you should consider buying Traditional Furniture.
1. Style– While traditional forms may vary in popularity throughout the years, they never go out of style. That means when you buy classic furniture (think Chippendale and Queen Anne), you won’t “wish you hadn’t” 10 years later. Many of our parents or grandparents had this happen with their choices of Italian or French Provincial, as well as Victorian.
2. Fit– Most homes are tailor-made to handle the style and scale of traditional furniture. Trying to put Mid-Century furniture into a Classic New England Saltbox style home is like …..well, trying to put Mid-Century furniture in a New England Saltbox style home! In addition, there’s nothing more disappointing than getting a new piece of furniture home that just doesn’t fit the size/scale of your home!
3. Luxury– Classic furniture forms have a richness that give a room a sense of elegance, making the space an oasis. Add a piece with inlay or beautiful carving for even more “pop”.
4. Warmth– While Greys and other “cool” colors come and go, nothing beats the rich warmth and beauty of mahogany and cherry furniture. They’ve been the choice of craftsmen for years. Not only for their initial beauty, but also for the way they develop a rich patina as they age. These pieces make a house a home.
5. Value– Because Traditional furniture never goes out of style, it is readily available on the pre-owned market. Consignments stores, auctions and Craigslist are just a few places to find great Traditional furniture. I prefer the consignment store approach to get expert advice and guidance. But, I’ll admit I’m biased. Finally, people take the best care of their ‘prized possessions’. So, you’re likely to find the highest quality pieces in “like-new” condition and sold at just a fraction of the original price!