Cornerstone’s Store Manager, Alex Hernan, realized the fruits of his labor this past Monday as he celebrated Earning his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Baltimore! Shown here with his girlfriend Alison, Alex’s accomplishment is especially impressive when you find out he did it all while working full time and paying the entire bill himself!
When Alex joined Cornerstone’s Delivery Team shortly after graduating Dulaney High School, everyone at Cornerstone knew we had found Someone Special. Alex is what a lot of people would call “The Whole Package”- really bright, with a super hard work ethic and great personality! All of his co-workers are so happy for him reaching this milestone.
So, if it looks like Alex has an extra bounce in his step when you see him at the store, he does. That’s because he’s just lightened his load!
What a Great Time to Be Furnishing a Home! That’s because Baltimore’s Favorite Furniture Consignment Store has been busy bringing in furniture from the area’s most prestigious homes! Pictured here is just a small sample of the wide variety of styles and types of pieces we get each week.
Whether your tastes in Bedroom Furniture leans towards light or dark wood, we’ve got you covered. You’ll also find a wonderful selection of Office Furniture for home or work! We’ve got a conference table and chairs, executive and kneehole desks, bookcases, credenzas and more. Stop in today to see all of these in person. Or, click the “Just Arrived” button to see all the arrivals in the last 90 days, starting with the very latest piece!
Pictured here on the front row of our showroom floor is an Inlaid Mahogany Bedroom Set from Councill Craftsmen. Behind that is some of the Nicest Dining Room Furniture we’ve had all year! We’ve got Traditional Tables, Chairs, Breakfronts, Sideboards, Corner Cabinets and More. All prepped and polished by our workshop staff and ready to be delivered today!
If Casual or Mid-Century is what you’re in need to complete your space, we’ve got that as well. You’ll find Dinettes, Sectionals, Occasional and More in our 9,000 square foot Timonium Showroom. Stop by this week or keep checking our website to see all of the latest additions!
The first week of Spring is starting in the same way Winter left off… with Lots of Great Consignment Furniture Arriving on Our Dock! Pictured here is just part of this week’s pieces. We’ve taken in some Hickory Chair Upholstery as well as a Hickory Chair Banded Dining Room Table. We’ve also had lots of occasional pieces arrive- Hall Stands, Curios, Consoles and More. And no week would be complete without the arrival of some Henkel Harris Furniture. This week we brought in a Mahogany Pedestal Table with 4 leaves and 8 Chippendale Chairs.
So, take a nice Drive to our Timonium Location. You’ll not only get to see what’s on the website, but also look “behind the curtains” to see pieces just arriving on our dock!
If your home is in need of some Casual Dining, Baltimore’s Favorite Consignment Store has you covered. We’ve got a large and very nice selection of light-wood tables and chairs to fit your needs. Pictured here is our own Lydia Drabik seated at a Newly Arrived Stickley Mission Style Table and Chairs. This 9 piece set is priced Thousands of Dollars Less than it cost when purchased new! It’s a great example of how shopping at Cornerstone can really Cut Your Furniture Budget Without Sacrificing Quality!
Visit our Timonium store today to see this and all of the other Just Arrived Consignment Furniture!
If you need a new place to sit, Cornerstone has the answer! Pictured here is One of Two Sectional Sofas on Consignment at Baltimore’s Favorite Furniture Store! Also place on our floor yesterday was a Leather Natuzzi Swivel Chair and a Fairfield Collage Wing Chair.
We’ve also just brought in a Craftmaster Loveseat and Chair. So don’t sit inside on this cold March day wishing Spring would arrive. Come visit Cornerstone and we’ll help you warm up the inside of your home with Wonderful Upholstered Furniture at prices you have to see to believe!
Today’s furniture buyers have more choices than ever before. With the click of a mouse or a short drive to their brick-and-mortar store, customers can find furniture to suite any taste. Styles ranging from Country to Mid-Century can be delivered to your door in a matter of days! Here are 5 reasons you should consider buying Traditional Furniture.
1. Style– While traditional forms may vary in popularity throughout the years, they never go out of style. That means when you buy classic furniture (think Chippendale and Queen Anne), you won’t “wish you hadn’t” 10 years later. Many of our parents or grandparents had this happen with their choices of Italian or French Provincial, as well as Victorian.
2. Fit– Most homes are tailor-made to handle the style and scale of traditional furniture. Trying to put Mid-Century furniture into a Classic New England Saltbox style home is like …..well, trying to put Mid-Century furniture in a New England Saltbox style home! In addition, there’s nothing more disappointing than getting a new piece of furniture home that just doesn’t fit the size/scale of your home!
3. Luxury– Classic furniture forms have a richness that give a room a sense of elegance, making the space an oasis. Add a piece with inlay or beautiful carving for even more “pop”.
4. Warmth– While Greys and other “cool” colors come and go, nothing beats the rich warmth and beauty of mahogany and cherry furniture. They’ve been the choice of craftsmen for years. Not only for their initial beauty, but also for the way they develop a rich patina as they age. These pieces make a house a home.
5. Value– Because Traditional furniture never goes out of style, it is readily available on the pre-owned market. Consignments stores, auctions and Craigslist are just a few places to find great Traditional furniture. I prefer the consignment store approach to get expert advice and guidance. But, I’ll admit I’m biased. Finally, people take the best care of their ‘prized possessions’. So, you’re likely to find the highest quality pieces in “like-new” condition and sold at just a fraction of the original price!
Our regular customers are used to seeing (from left to right) Arnold, Alex and Jeremy smile on the job. But, yesterday their grins stretched from ear to ear! That’s because there’s nothing any of them love more than a house full of Lovingly Cared For, High Quality, Name-Brand Furniture! The guys are pictured here in front of some of the Two Truck Loads of Furniture that we just brought in from a Local Baltimore Estate!
We’ve got Henkel Harris, Kittinger (many pieces part of the Colonial Williamsburg line), Baker, Hickory Chair, Kindel and More! Henkel Harris pieces include King and Queen Size Beds, Bonnet Top Highboys, Chests, Dresser, Mirrors, Silver Chest, Fire Screen, Nightstands and More. Also among the lot is a Chest on Chest on Chest from Baker’s Historic Charleston Collection. Lots of Tea Tables and Stands from Henkel Harris and Kittinger to choose from in this group as well. So, don’t delay, come in today to see this great furniture in person.
Today is your last day to Save on Your Favorite Piece of Furniture! Or, choose to have it delivered for free. Which ever you prefer, you’re sure to love the selection of High Quality, Pre-owned Consignment Furniture you’ll find at Cornerstone.
As you can see by the photo, we’re all shoveled out from the Snow Storm of 2016 and ready for your visit. But, don’t delay, this Sale Ends Today at 5pm!
Like a lot of small businesses in Baltimore, job #1 this week was making sure our Parking Lot was Ready for Customers. While our wonderful landlord, St. John Properties, works diligently to keep our business park operating, the Record Snowfall of 2016 has been hard to clear away. So, rather than sit and wait, the Cornerstone Team jumped into action and started opening up parking places- One at a Time! Here’s a picture of a proud team member, Arnold, reflecting on a job well done.
Job #2 will be Digging Out our Furniture Delivery Truck! As you can see, we’ve got a bit of work ahead. But have no fear, we’ll dig it out and be ready to Resume the Pick Up and Delivery of High Quality Furniture by the time Baltimore’s neighborhoods are ready for us!